Sunday, December 14, 2008

Bluegrass in The Northeast with The Reckharts



I posted this video to let y'all know that bluegrass music is alive and well in states northward from Kentucky and Tennessee. I recorded this piece in Phil's Woodshed a couple of Saturdays ago. The Reckharts are a local bluegrass group that often stages a few gigs at Phil's place.

Another related item of interest is the fact that The Dog House Three has reunited and is in full practice mode. You can expect to see a video or three from them in the near future.

The Doghouse Three

7 comments:

lola said...

TC, what can I say. That is terrific music. That is the best kind of music. I sure don't hear it much down here.

thomas said...

w00t+!

the doghouse three, back in the saddle. great news.

i'm going to be recording a few cover songs over the xmas break - i'm really looking forward to it.

tina said...

Love it TC. Jimmy is alos loving it and been learning bluegrass too. It has been an experience. Glad it is alive and well up there.

walk2write said...

Great stuff! The local community college here in NW FL has a bluegrass concert once a month, featuring several bands from the area. It never fails to draw a crowd. Only problem is, I can't sit still while listening to the music, and I feel like an oddball. At the very least, I'm tapping my feet or bobbing my head up and down in time with the beat. To me, it's better than an old-fashioned prayer meetin'. I thought I saw your camera do a little bobble now and then, TC.

Sarah Laurence said...

TC, I love the pun in your header. The southern music is nice to hear on this cold winter day in Maine. I see familiar faces here in the comments and can guess our connection.

Roses and stuff said...

Is that quilts behind the Doghouse three?
Great stuff!

Katarina

Cameron (Defining Your Home) said...

My husband plays bluegrass (and other) music. He likes your blog! He has so many Martin guitars -- he also liked that photo below your poem in another post.

Cameron
Defining Your Home Garden