Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April, Spring, and Poetry

"Had to read that crap in school. Didn't like it then and don't like it now."
(A neighbor.)

Many folks don't like poetry, for whatever reason. I, on the other hand, do. And if you've been a reader here for any length of time, you might recollect one or two poems I've posted. I'm not a reader of poetry myself, but I don't need to read it in order to write it. At least that's what I think. And if you think different, and would like to offer a critical analysis of any of my poems throughout the next several days (April is National Poetry Month) please feel free to comment as much or as little as you like.

Words can say whatever you want, or need, them to say. I feel the need, usually in April, in spring, to express myself in poetry. Whether it be one of mine, yours, or from any number of poets, writers, bloggers, school students, politicians (a poet politician??), or whomever.

With the above disclaimer out of the way, I'd like to share with you, during the month of April, an occasional poem that I think is relevant to life, in and out of the garden. We'll start it off with an original.


Self Sown

Another season,
another seed,
another flower,
another bee,
another gardener
on hands and knees,
another lesson,
in humility.

TC


9 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

That is nice for us gardeners. Have a good day.

Dave said...

Congrats on your photo TC! I like the poem. Gardening is a very humbling activity!

walk2write said...

There was a fine poet from Penn,
Who, after reading a poem by his frien',
Advised her bread be cast out
On the waters, no doubt,
'Cause her poetry lacked buoyancy and ken.

Susie said...

I like it TC. Straight to the point and so true!

lola said...

The poem is great, TC. Your pics are lovely. I like to listen to your music also.

Roses and Lilacs said...

I like the poem. It says quite a bit with just a few well chosen words.
Marnie

Q said...

Dear TC,
Yes, another season to be taught by Mother Nature!
Thanks for a fun poem.
Sherry

Esther Montgomery said...

Hello.

I've just posted a post inspired, in part, by one of yours from last August.

It's at.

Esther's Boring Garden Blog 3rd April 2009

I hope this is alright.

If not, do let me know and I'll change it.

Esthe Montgomery
Esther's Boring Garden Blog

TC said...

Thank you Ms. Becca.

Dave, it is a very humbling experience at times.

W2W: Love the limerick! I knew you were a poet at heart.

Ms. Susie: Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

Ms. Lola: Thank you. What music are you referring to?

Ms. Marnie: My poems are usually less wordy than my blog posts; usually. ;~)

Ms. Sherry: Good to see you here again. And yes Mother Nature is our teacher.

Ms. Esther: Thanks for visiting and I'm humbled that you would find one of my posts somewhat inspiring. I read your post and there is nothing I find bothersome about you mentioning my "twillering" question. You provided your readers with a link to my post about it and that is proper and appreciated.