Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weak


Weak *

watch it leave, feel it exit
catch the sight of something tragic
floating in a cardboard box
lightning flashes, crosses talk
shapes and shadows floating by
wrenching tears from cloudless skies
hearing soft senses, piercing glimpses
wondering ever meant never knowing
now the sad part, now the sad part
dying too was once in fashion
laid bare upon the dreams of passion
cut the heart out, gaping hole
lifeless body, bleeding soul


*Or how I felt after the death of Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Ed McMahon, David Carridine and Billy Mays




3 comments:

Luisa Perkins said...

A lovely tribute, TC. Sad times.

Terri said...

Yes, I think it is all very sad. I grew up listening to and hearing these folks - all but Billy Mays, who is a fairly recent phenomenon, and I shed a "twear" or two at the losses. (I know, I know - I should be serious, but it was too good and I couldn't resist!)

Susie said...

Hey TC, it seems there is lots of sadness looming about. I enjoyed the picture and reading your poem.